Canadian Home Sales
By Calvin Lindsay 2013/07/10
Last week the Canadian Real Estate Agency (CREA) released the latest numbers on the Canadian Home Sales.
Here are the Highlights:
- National home sales rose 3.6% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 2.6% below levels in May 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes was up 1.9% from April to May.
- The Canadian housing market remains firmly in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 3.7% on a year-over-year basis in May.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 2.3% year-over-year in May.
What does this mean for you the average property owner? It means good news - these numbers continue to show that owning your own home is a good investment.
And keeping that home in good state of repair - ultimately affects your return on your investment - get a home inspection to make sure your capitalizing on everything you can. Call us at 250-339-5371 or 1-800-667-0150.