Commercial Property Inspections
With 20 years of experience an Island Building Inspections Commercial Property Inspection relies on a walk through survey and interviews as necessary to determine the property’s condition all preformed by a Commercially Certified Island Building Inspections Inspector.
This information assists owners and buyers in understanding operation and maintenance required and also helps provide confidence to prospective investors.
The scope of the inspection needed and the specific areas to be inspected are based on various factors. Age, occupancy and type of construction are considered when determining how the property will be inspected and the performance criteria needed to complete a quality inspection.
Inspections can range from a visual examination of the property, to a comprehensive inspection of all the building’s technical components.
A commercial property inspection includes a detailed description outlining limitations and recommendations for a commercial property with probable costs of upgrades as necessary. Areas inspected (but not limited to):
- Site Characteristics (paving, landscaping and utilities)
- Structural Frame and Building Envelope
- Roof Surface Areas
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Systems
- Vertical Transportation
- Fire Protection
- Interior Elements
Additional Services that may be included:
- Air Quality Inspection
- New Construction Deficiencies listing
Depending on the type of property and needs of the client, inspections may require specialists, or consultants; at Island Building Inspections we can collaborate with other specialists as per your needs.
Some of our clients include:
- National Home Warranty - Island Building is the current inspector for the North Island region
- British Columbia Building Corporation
- Federal Government
- First Nations Bands
- Property Management companies
- Individual home purchasers/owners
- Various hotels and resorts in the North Island region
- Vancouver Island Health Authority